Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 22:55:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ryan Alexander Carris <carris@ecn.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PPP Server and Online Gaming

While home for easter, I'm trying to help a friend set up a
FreeBSD machine to act as a proxy for his home network.
So far, I got the PPP working great except that online gaming
no longer works.  When we try to play Diablo, the game searches
for the fastest server.  After about twenty seconds, it returns
an error message saying that the line quality is either very poor or
the networt is not processing UDP packets.  It then allows online
chatting and so forth, but not game playing.
I'm pretty sure that
the line quality is fine, so it must be the UDP packets thing.
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

thanks

Ryan A. Carris
carris@purdue.edu