Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:47:17 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@wjv.com>
To:        Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        Peter Brezny <peter@sysadmin-inc.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: exited on signal 11, core dumped message vdeliver mail.

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 09:03:39AM -0400, Chris Faulhaber thus sprach:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 08:56:07AM -0400, Peter Brezny wrote:
> > Recently, i've started getting this message in my kernel logs

> > pid 36781 (vdelivermail), uid 89: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

> > Could someone point me in the direction to find out more about signal 11.
> > Seems like I remember reading something about signal 11 usually being a
> > problem with cheap ram...

> Or failing hardware...

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/troubleshoot.html#SIGNAL11

What I notice about this pointer and references from this is that
they all just mention signal 11.  Perhaps many will recognize
signal 11 by its symbol SIGSEGV - or the commonly seen messages
in running programs "segmentation violation".

On the above, since he only mentioned 'vdelivermail' as the culprit
I'd suspect the program or some libraries it uses.

--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com