Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 1995 03:47:13 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is the Linux emulator not working for you?

I've seen a few comments that the -current linux emulator is not
working..

Please beware that part of the exec system has slightly changed to
support BSD/OS 2.0 executables (yes, they work now), and if you are
running a -current kernel, you *really* MUST rebuild your linux (and
ibcs2) lkm's!  The top of the user stack layout has changed in case you
were wondering.

I have (over the last couple of hours) configured this machine both for
static IBCS2 and Linux emulation, and LKM loaded IBCS2 and Linux
emulation.  Both are working fine for me.

BTW: I've made a couple of changes to support QMAGIC ld.so and
libraries.  It's not quite right, but I've run the linux netscape and
doom executables under QMAGIC ld.so, libc.so.4.7.2 and libm.so.4.6.27

(Note: be extremely careful with the Newer QMAGIC a.out ldconfig and
ld.so pair - they will make a MESS of your FreeBSD /usr/lib given the
chance...)

If you have rebuilt everything from scratch (including a 'make clean' in
the ibcs2, coff and linux lkm directories, as well as the kernel build
directory) and it _still_ doesn't work for you, please let me know...

-Peter