Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 1995 08:34:29 +0600 (GMT+0600)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner)
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ep driver

> In message <199507260832.OAA06959@hq.icb.chel.su> you write:
> >- has multicast support
>
> If nobody is going to figure out how to program the multicast filters,
> then this diff might as well be something like
>
> >! 	case SIOCADDMULTI:
> >! 	case SIOCDELMULTI:
> >! 	    error=0;
> >! 	    break;
>
> and you can save the overhead of calling epinit().

Agreed. But are you sure that we can drop the calls of ether_addmulti()
and ether_delmulti() too ? I think we can't because it does the mapping
between IP and Ethernet multicast addresses. Or doesn't ?

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia