Date:      Wed, 23 May 2012 01:06:40 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        mav@freebsd.org
Subject:   NV10 hdac issue

--f8UppZzm5eRNGSBg

I have (another) Atom motherboard from Intel, DN2800MT. Now, the problem
is with distorted sound. Anything is played as if some pause is inserted
after the next sample is finished. So I hear the proper pitch, but with
guggle between fragments. I am not sure how to describe it better, except
to say that it sounds as if buffering was not enough, for regular short
intervals of approx. 0.5 sec.

I do not believe that 1.8Hhz Atoms are too slow to decode mp3 or to play wav.

The hda controller is
hdac0@pci0:0:27:0:      class=0x040300 card=0x20128086 chip=0x27d88086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
codec is Realtek ALC888. The verbose dmesg from hda_snd load is at
http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/tom.dmesg.txt , assuming this is useful.

I would want to get normal sound from this board, thanks in advance.

--f8UppZzm5eRNGSBg

--f8UppZzm5eRNGSBg--