Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:49:29 -0800
From:      Randy Sato <rsato@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome 2.8 Applet Problems

FreeBSD kirin 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Sun Nov  7 18:30:21
PST 2004     root@kirin:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERN  alpha

Not without a few problems, but after completing gnome_upgrade.sh, I
started up X and get the following for a few applets.

The panel encountered a problem while loading
"OAFIID:GNOME_WindowListApplet".
Details: Failed to resolve, or extend
'!prefs_key=/apps/panel/profiles/default/applets/applet_2/prefs;
background=none:;orient=up;size=x-small;locked_down=false

I also get something similar for the window list menu, and desktop
switcher.

The main problem I had with the update is libgnome fails during the
compilation because in gnome-program.c (or something like that) gcc
doesn't like 0 passed in for a va_list. After replacing 0 with a
"va_list args", I could manually upgrade libgnome and gnome_upgrade.sh
completes when I remove libgnome from the REINSTALL_PORTS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,