Date:      Mon, 09 Jul 2012 13:26:25 +0100
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>, Thomas Mueller <mueller23@insightbb.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Format a USB flash drive using gpart

On 09/07/2012 13:17, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> they use "dangerously obsolete" mode. nobody use them at all.

A company I worked with were still distributing files on floppy disks as
recently as 2009. They _are_ obsolete, but I suspect plenty of people
still use them.

> unless it is a normal way of using it.

That's right - I was thinking of my system where I destroyed all the
data on a HDD because it didn't have a partition table. When I ran the
FreeBSD installer and saw the disk was 'empty' I forgot it had a
filesystem and reformatted it. Obviously people using floppy or USB
disks would be more ready for there to be data on the disk without a
partition table.

--
Bruce Cran