Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 09:04:06 -0400
From:      "Donald A. Corace" <dcorace@sgi.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   smc8010

can anyone help me get an eisa bus ethernet card configured, I am
building a compaq proliant 4000, all eisa bus with an SMC 8010 and I
am having problems. eisa config sees it, at boot bsd sees it as
eisa0:5 smc8010 <unknown device>. all docs say that this should be
ed0 or ed1 but at boot ed0 reports no device at 0x280 and ed1 reports
no device at 0x300, I have set the int to 5 on the card which seems
like the only supported int, 280 and 300 can't be configured, these
are isa device addresses and the iomem is set at d8000 per docs

hep me, hep me

dcorace@sgi.net