Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:11:45 -0300
From:      "Charles A. Landemaine" <landemaine@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Improving FreeBSD's hardware compatibility

I'm active on the PC-BSD forum, and there is not a single day without
a hardware incompatibility issue. There are many mobos that don't even
let people install PC-BSD (based on FreeBSD).

Aside from the fact that some vendors don't cooperate to release
hardware specifications, is there something we could do to revert this
situation? How could the community act to change things? I'm sure a
lot of people have free time to help, but how? Do you have any idea?
This situation has been frustrating for a number of people who have
left PC-BSD aside for now, not being able to install on their exotic
hardware.

Thanks in advance,

--
Charles A. Landemaine.