Date:      4 Dec 1999 17:41:57 -0800 (added by MTA sj-mailproxy05.mytalk.com)
From:      Jergates@myTalk.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

To whom it may concern,

   First off, I have not read the whole handbook as of yet but am searching the handbook for information on FreeBSD and winmodems, whether they are supported or not, and what I have to do to get it to work.  I am new at this and trying to install 3.3 via FTP.  I have a Lucent technologies PCMCIA Winmodem that, so far I believe, is indeed a software modem using the MBD's UART.  Some specific software called Hardball (?) was suggested to me but I cannot seem to find it.  I'm sure it's in the handbook somewhere but am still searching.  If you could help me out with any information possible, I would greatly appreciate it.
tks,
 Jeremy

*** Free voicemail and email, by phone or Web!  Free phone calls too!  Get it today at http://www.myTalk.com ***