Date:      Wed, 05 Aug 1998 09:35:25 -0400
From:      Matt Behrens <mbehrens@iserv.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Preserving a program across make world

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched for quite some time
and didn't find anything.

How can we preserve a program across make worlds in -stable?  For
example, I'm using a newer ppp and don't want it overwritten.  I had
also at one point wanted to use GNU ls instead of BSD for some
compatibility with a ill-behaved FTP client.

Is there a way?

--
  __
 /-/  Matt Behrens <mbehrens@iserv.net>