Date:      21 Apr 2002 12:40:59 -0700
From:      Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@artlogix.com>
To:        Mark Filipak <filipak@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mark asks: Easy way to copy CD-ROM > MS-floppy?

Mark Filipak <filipak@earthlink.net> writes:

| Hi Ken! -- my hero.

Well, let's hold off on *that* until you have a working system.

| > Uh . . . depends on what capabilities you're talking about. ...
|
| Gateway, firewall, www server, mail, LAN file server. Command line, not
| GUI, though GallantWEB has nice, built in web browser-based system
| management (hope I don't have to install X for that).

Okay.  Gateway is trivial, firewall is challenging, www server is trivial, mail
is mostly trivial, file server is mostly trivial, command line is trivial, web
browser is either trivial (text-only) or mildly challenging (X + Mozilla).

| No data files, but I did find a bunch of GallantWEB html help files and a
| whole directory of... cgi-bin (jackpot!!) ...to back up for insertion in the
| new 4.5 system. (...Yes, I know that the cgi-bin may need to be revised or,
| hopefully not, discarded...)

Yeah.  The help files probably won't be necessary, either, but they won't hurt
anything.

| Aha! I use Windows Commander, a really superior file manager for
| ms-windows. It has built-in zip, and rar, and tar, tgz, binhex,...
| everything, plus it can straighten out <cr><lf> and even has a built-in FTP
| client. I highly recommend it for anyone who uses ms-windows and wants to be
| able to do serious work.

Windows *and* serious work?  An astonishing concept.  :)