Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 2000 00:43:14 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup problems

On 10/13/00, 11:41:01 PM, "Giorgos Keramidas"
<keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
wrote regarding Re: cvsup problems:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 07:45:05PM -0400, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:
> >
> > This is quite bizzare and I've never had any trouble with cvsup
before.
> > The mailing list archives don't seem to suggest a fix either.  Here =
is
> > my supfile:
> >
> > *default host=3Dcvsup9.FreeBSD.org
> > *default base=3D/usr
> > *default prefix=3D/usr
> > *default release=3Dcvs tag=3DRELENG_4
> > *default delete use-rel-suffix
> > *default compress
> > src-all
> >
> > It's literally just taken out of /usr/share/examples/cvsup as I alwa=
ys
> > do.  Running cvsup on this file produces the following:

> Dear Brandon,

> The only difference with my own (perfectly working) supfile is that
> after the *default entries, I have a plain empty line.  The examples
in
> /usr/share/examples/cvsup also have at least one empty line between
the
> last *default and the first collection entry.

> Could it be that this little omission has bit you and skipped the
> `src-all' line instead of considering it a valid collection name?

> [ wild guessing mode off ]

Hello Giorgios,

I am afraid Brandon's problem is caused by something else.

A few minutes ago, I tried a cvsup operation with the following
supfile:

*default host=3Dcvsup.nl.FreeBSD.org
*default base=3D/myjunk/mytrial
*default prefix=3D/myjunk/mytrial
*default release=3Dcvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all tag=3DRELENG_4

where /myjunk/mytrial lives on another slice of mine. Needless to say,
it worked perfectly.

Next, I used Brandon's model:

*default host=3Dcvsup.nl.FreeBSD.org
*default base=3D/myjunk/mytrial
*default prefix=3D/myjunk/mytrial
*default release=3Dcvs tag=3DRELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all

And, wait for it, it worked flawlessly. I am afraid **sigh** there
must be some weird/hidden interaction somewhere.

But just to eliminate one possibility, a check with vi would make sure
no weird/unnecessary characters are found in the supfile.

Best regards,
Salvo