Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 21:21:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make Release - Is there anything I can do to help?

I am really confused.  On the 27th of August we had a perfect build. and we
made a release.  Now, things that were NOT broken then, are borken now.
Is there anything I can do to help?  What is the review process for
checking in changes?  Maybe I can help by testing certain things to make
sure they, at least compile?  I have several machines here and will be more
than happy to help in any way I can.

I cannot comment much on the last few problems I reported as now I have a
new, earlier breakage.   the only comment is that sgmlfmt was NOT missing
from my system, but is missing from the release build area, and thus
reported missing.  I did install all the pieces it was recommended to
install.

Anyway, here is where it fails tonight:

===> share/timedef/data
for l in da_DK.ISO_8859-1  de_AT.ISO_8859-1  de_DE.ISO_8859-1
en_GB.ISO_8859-1  en_US.ISO_8859-1  fr_FR.ISO_8859-1  hr_HR.ISO_8859-2
is_IS.ISO_8859-1  ja_JP.SJIS  it_IT.ISO_8859-1  ko_KR.EUC
no_NO.ISO_8859-1  pt_PT.ISO_8859-1  ru_SU.CP866          ru_SU.KOI8-R; do
install -c -m 644 -o bin -g bin $l.out
/Targets/3.0-970918-SNAP/usr/share/locale/$l/LC_TIME;  done
install: ja_JP.SJIS.out: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

The source files EXIST, in my CVS tree, in my checkout are and in the
release build area.  The target is NOT.  again, there has been no change in
our procedure, short of doing a make installworld yesterday
at 0830, after a successfull make buildworld the night before.

I am being so defensive, as half the responses I get to these postings are
sarcastic comments about my wits.  I am old and slow, but belive that 5 = 5
and never 4 (meaning, if I followed a procedure on Wednesday and changed
nothing in it, it should also run on Friday.

Thanx, and please let me know how I can help.

---

Sincerely Yours,                               (Sent on 18-Sep-97, 21:03:39
by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro                                                Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net          Voice:  503.643.5559, Emergency: 503.799.2313