Date:      Thu, 17 May 2012 12:21:11 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Venkat Duvvuru <venkatduvvuru.ml@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 flowid hash calculation

Hello, Venkat.
You wrote 16 =EC=E0=FF 2012 =E3., 10:09:29:

VD> This question is related to the hash calculation done as part of select=
ing
VD> the transmit queue for IPv6 traffic.
VD> I observed that no matter how many queues you use in the driver, the tx
VD> traffic is always coming on queue 0.
VD> Did anybody else observed this behaviour?
VD> Note: IPv4 traffic is coming on all the tx queues.
 flowid   is   specified  by  MS  &  Intel only for IPv4 traffic (hash
function,  which  is  used to determine queue is defined only for IPv4
packet header). All other traffic (PPPoE,  IPv6, etc.) goes into queue
0. There is nothing could be done on driver level, it is firmware (and
"standard") problem.

  I  was  told,  that top-level ("server-grade") 1G and 10G Intel NICs
have  configurable  user-defined  filters  (think: firewall and QoS in
hardware), and, may be, it could be done on this level, but I don't
know any open-source drivers, which support this feature.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>