Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:40:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kim Culhan <fbsd@kim.net>
To:        roger@cs.strath.ac.uk
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A few more datapoints {was: ES1373/1373 driver now committed to -stable}

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Roger Hardiman wrote:

> Well Kim, your dream has come true.
> I committed Russells patch for ES1371/1373 to -STABLE yesterday.
> This means FreeBSD now supports the later revision
> Ensoniq and SoundBlaster PCI 16/64/128 cards (in theory)

Ah this is great, BTW here are a few more data points on the
particular card I found locally which, again, appears to be latest
shipping hardware:

1) The box reads 'AudioPCI' in large letters, no mention of 64, 128 etc.

2) U4, the largest chip  is labeled Creative CT-4810.
   U2 is a Phillips TDA-1517P which drives the output connector,
   the P model can also drive speakers directly.
   I haven't tried to drive speakers directly with it but it might
   prove handy in some applications.

3) The PCB is <c> 1999 and has a large label on the solder side
   which reads: Box#: 0709
                123-S66-4811-0206933

The card probe returns:

es1: <AudioPCI ES1371> rev 0x06 int a irq 11 on pci0.20.0
pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xef00
es1371: codec vendor CRY revision 19
es1371: codec features Bass & Treble Headphone out 20bit DAC 18bit ADC
es1371: stereo enhancement: Crystal Semiconductor 3D Stereo Enhancement

regards
kim