Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:16:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for serious performance? (was: Re: 9.x -- New Install -- serious partition misalignment)

> 2)  Although I don't know a lot about boards, it is my understanding that
> ASUS makes pretty good ones, and they have always worked for me (and the
> firmware is typically quite good).

maybe it's strange for for a long time i NEVER really succeeded making
stable configuration from popular parts. Yes it works fast, but when
running under heavy load with CPU quite loaded, lots of I/O from multiple
disks and over ethernet in the same time none are stable.
AHCI timeout is the most common message... or just random reboots.

Now getting low end Dell server (which isn't really low end) for not much
more money is what i do. it works.