Date:      Wed, 21 Sep 2016 02:38:57 +0200
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
To:        Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
Cc:        Kulamani Sethi <kulamani.sethi@gmail.com>,  "freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPFW compatibility on windows 10

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 September 2016, Kulamani Sethi <kulamani.sethi@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am in the phase of developing one application using ipfw3 but now my
>> concern is about ipfw compatibility, is ipfw works fine with windows 10 ?
>> because I am planning to upgrade machines with windows 10 soon.
>>
>> Please help me.
>>

>> *With best Regards,*
>>
>> Kulamani Sethi,
>> Bangalore, India
>>

> Hi Kulamani,
>
> It does appear that someone has made a version of IPFW that works with
> Windows:
> http://wipfw.sourceforge.net/

I think he refers to a more recent version of the code

https://github.com/luigirizzo/dummynet

which we ported to Windows7 a few years ago and last
updated around 2013-2014.
I have not tested it on Windows10, the usual difficulty
people have is that the kernel module is not signed so
you need to run the OS disabling driver signing.

cheers
luigi