Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2018 16:21:34 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Sid <sid@bsdmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-toolchain@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: elfcopy in src.conf

On 11 September 2018 at 14:11, Sid <sid@bsdmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> In src.conf, from 11.2 to 12-current, the elfcopy option was removed, but objcopy still in the documentation for binutils. I suspect this is about the toolchain too, and not only in the manpage for src.conf.
>
> Should objcopy be removed from binutils and from the manpage too?

I don't fully follow your question, but will provide some background
that I hope answers it - please let me know if it's still not clear.

In stable/11 we have a WITH_ELFCOPY_AS_OBJCOPY option which installs
ELF Tool Chain's elfcopy as objcopy; if not set the GNU binutils
objcopy is installed (and elfcopy is still available under that name).

In HEAD we always install ELF Tool Chain's elfcopy as objcopy, and the
objcopy man page is actually elfcopy's.