Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 22:50:20 -0500
From:      Kevin McLaughlin <kbm2@students.uwf.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installation, won't boot from flop

--------------C2670C60CE9192E5374F99F1

I have a PIII 500 IDE system running win98, and
when I boot from the floppies, the computer just
goes to a blank screen and does nothing.  I watch
the bios count the memory and then it goes to a
blank screen.  I don't get a non system disk error
and it appears as though the computer starts to
read the floppy but only for a couple of seconds.
I have used fdimage to image kern.flp and
mfsroot.flp onto the floppies several times.  I
have also reread the guide and redownloaded the
files.  I don't know if the problem is in the fact
that I have a Compaq system or if it is because it
is all IDE.  Would the problem lie in that I have
two hard drives?  I was hoping to dual boot but I
can't even get the system to boot.  I would
appreciate any comments.

Kevin McLaughlin

--------------C2670C60CE9192E5374F99F1

begin:vcard
n:McLaughlin;Kevin
tel;home:(850) 475-2501
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.students.uwf.edu/kbm2
adr:;;1040A Sable Dr;Pensacola;FL;32514;
version:2.1
email;internet:kbm2@students.uwf.edu
fn:Kevin McLaughlin
end:vcard