Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:17:54 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
From:      Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>
To:        Bill <bwoods2@uswest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle8i for FreeBSD?

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Bill wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:34:28 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Bill <bwoods2@uswest.net>
> To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Oracle8i for FreeBSD?
>
> I remember hearing some rumbelings a while ago about a FreeBSD port of
> this? Is it still in the works or does the Linux one work under emulation?
>
> Bill

Not sure about that. The last time I asked Oracle about it they said,
use the Linux version. Since then I got a Solaris 8 for Intel
($75+shipping). Linux has not set well with me so I thought Solaris
would be ok for a backend box. Note: I have more O/S CDs then hardware
right now so I can't tell you how it works.

-d