Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 23:03:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brent <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        Chris England <cengland@obscurity.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.3-STABLE Crashes

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Chris England wrote:

> Just recently, I upgraded from 3.2-STABLE to 3.3-STABLE, and it seems my
> machine will lock up periodically.  (It has happened 3 or 4 times since
> 3.3-STABLE was compiled on the date shown in the dmesg output)

Perhaps it's just a coincidence that you recently upgraded the OS - test
the CPU, memory, etc, in another box if possible.  Also ensure the PCI/ISA
cards are all fully seated.  Could also be a power supply issue - have you
added any new drives to draw more power?  Random lockups are often
hardware related.

-Brent