Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:26:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Entombing for FreeBSD

For that matter, does it offer anything that a set of intelligent
scripts/wrappers for common destructive commands wouldn't give you?

--K.S.

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Matthew Dillon wrote:

:     I've been thinking about this enombing thing... well, I hate to say it,
:     but crowbaring into libc is *not* the right way to do it.  It's
:     just too intrusive.  The right way to do it would be to write a device
:     driver similar to NULLFS which handles backing up the files, thus giving
:     the sysad the option to use such a device to mount-through those partitions
:     that the sysad wants to keep checkpointed.  Also, putting such intrusive
:     code into libc would be fairly dangreous from a security point of view
:     even if it is turned off.
:
: 					-Matt
: 					Matthew Dillon