Date:      Sat, 05 Apr 2003 13:07:24 +0800
From:      "Paul Simon" <paul@qdice.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        DavidJohnson@Siemens.com
Subject:   Re: Newbie install experience

> On Friday 04 April 2003 05:51 am, Paul Simon wrote:
>
> > I now have FreeBSD 4.8 on two boxes. However, the Netgear FA310-TX is
> > still not recognized. Could somebody point me in a direction to begin
> > to trouble shoot this? Should I be posting to another list?
>
> This is a question that needs to be asked on the freebsd-questions list.
> But have no fear! I used to have a FA310-TX and it worked fine under
> FreeBSD. I no longer have it though, so I can't help much other than to
> say "it just worked" back when I had it. It is definitely supported
> under FreeBSD 5.0, so ask at freebsd-questions, and send along the
> relevant portion of your dmesg output with it.

I finally got the network card working. I had to configure the Kernel:
device miibus
device dc

Then I rebooted. It didn't work. I got a diagnostic -
couldn't map ports/memory

A google search revealed the diagnostic means that
plug and play is enabled in the BIOS and should be
turned off. So, I turned it off.

After some interface configuration, It works!

Thanks for everybody's responses!! I joined the freebsd-questions list
- Paul
Pida Ya! su eMail Gratis y en Espaņol http://qdice.com