Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:49:26 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Dmitrij Tejblum <dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: msdosfs win95 long file name support

> But tracking is easy. Just say 'cvs import ...' and 'cvs update -j ...'...
> Btw, NetBSD is not a 'vendor' for other subsystems, but 'vendor' for msdosfs.

The technical side is easy.  Getting someone to do the work reliably
on an ongoing basis, that seems to be the really hard part. :-)

> But what if someone enthusiastic about a merge? :)

If everyone's agreed on some sort of solution that can:

	A) Make it into 3.0-current during our current lifetimes.

	B) Be technically pure and attractive enough that everyone
	   involved doesn't mind working on it.

Then sure.  Otherwise, what'd be the point?  It would simply be
another doomed effort.

					Jordan