Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 21:38:04 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        duhring@charter.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world still broken around krb4_version bug--when will the patch reach stable?

Hi Dave,

On 14 May, Dave Uhring wrote:
> The only way I have found that works is to rm -rf /usr/src and re-install
> the source tree from my latest CD, then cvsup to stable.  Are you sure that
> your tag line is correct and that you haven't accidently installed the
> current source tree?  Do you have src all and crypto all in your cvsupfile?

Hmm.  I'd really rather not delete and re-fetch everything.  I've
been keeping this source tree -stable for about four years now.
I've never done the CD thing at all, actually.

At your suggestion, I've just diff'ed my cvsup file against the
stock stable-supfile, and the only non-comment difference is the
hostname.  However, some of the comments are 'new'.  In
particular, this bit:

+# These are the individual collections that make up FreeBSD's crypto
+# collection. They are no longer export-restricted and are a part of
+# src-all
 #src-crypto
+#src-eBones
 #src-secure
+#src-sys-crypto

Now as far as I remember, the Australian repositories started
maintaining an up-to-date crypto distribution under src-all at
about the time that we stopped having to go to
internat.freebsd.org for that.  Is it possible that there is still
something different about the crypto sources here, compared to
those in the US?

I thought that CVSup was pretty ruthless about making checked-out
source trees look like the repository version, and I certainly
haven't been fiddling with the source tree myself.

Status of system:  I'm running:
FreeBSD gurney.reilly.home 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #14: Sat May  5 09:51:03 EST 2001     root@gurney.reilly.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GURNEY  i386

I have just cvsupped from cvsup3.freebsd.org (yes, one of the US
sites this time: it didn't download anything relevant).  Then I
deleted /usr/obj, did a make clean in /usr/src, and then make
buildworld in /usr/src.  Still stops in
/usr/src/kerberos5/lib/libasn1, kerb4_version type conflict, as
previously reported.

OK, I'll try deleting the kerberosIV and kerberos5 trees and
re-fetching...

--
Andrew