Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:56:36 -0700
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux emulation not working for small programs???

Ok, I have linux emulation turned on, Netscape works fine under linux
emulation, my question:

	Why does it not work for small programs, I have this small program
called "curfloo" which you can probably find on freshmeat.net, I compiled it
under RH linux 6.1 kernel 2.2.16 I believe, now when I moved it to freebsd, it
will not work,  it will just segfault I believe.  I've seen similar problems with
other very small linux programs....any reasons for this?  I did do that branding
thing where you specifically tell FreeBSD that it's a linux program, and it still
would just crash out on me.
	The program has since been fixed to compile on FBSD, but I'm just
still curious about why linux emulation would not work on something that small.

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org