Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:43:14 +0200
From:      Laszlo Nagy <gandalf@designaproduct.biz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sshfs - fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file	or	directory

> Looks like your mount point didn't exist before connecting.

Shouldn't mount_sshfs check it?
> No idea how to get rid of that bad descriptor -
neptunus# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/fusefs stop
Stopping fusefs.
kldunload: can't unload file: Device busy

Neither do I. :-)

> but if you:
>
> mkidr /usr/fileshare/mnt
> sshfs fileshare@fileshare:/usr/fileshare/pub /usr/fileshare/mnt
>
> (assuming /usr/fileshare/pub is a directory on server fileshare) things should
> work correctly.
>
> I do hope fileshare isn't the local machine, cause then you're mounting the
> directory on itself using ssh/fuse......eew, messy.

That is not the case. I used the same user names on both machines with
the same uid, so I do not need to use uid mapping.

I have to find out how to get rid of that device node, then I'll try again.
Thank you

   Laszlo