Date:      Fri, 07 Dec 2001 14:35:09 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to enable logging of machine checks?

At 14:19 7/12/2001, Bernd Walter sent this up the stick:
>On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 02:02:48PM +1100, Rob B wrote:
> > As the subject says, is it possible to enable logging of machine checks on
> > a PWS500au?  This box is running 4.4-STABLE
>
>It's in the dmesg buffer and after rebooting FreeBSDs syslog handle
>the logs as normal kernel output and puts it into /var/log/messages.

Thanks, but that's not what I was after.  During operation, if the Pyxis
chipset detects and corrects single bit errors in the memory (among other
things), it generates a machine check with vector 600 (I think).  Under
Linux, these checks are logged to /var/log/kern.log.  Is it possible, under
FreeBSD, to have these logged ?

I don't have an alpha running Linux to see what the syslog.conf looks like.

Rob

--
The important thing is not to stop questioning.

[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian
This is random quote 943 of a collection of 1191