Date:      Wed,  2 Aug 2000 14:39:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   dual channel U160 adapters

We're looking for a good dual-channel U160 adapter to plug into a
motherboard with multiple 64-bit/66MHz slots and enough I/O
bandwidth to comfortably handle over 320MB/sec of DMA transfers.
(we've measured over 450MB/sec).

Is there anything else out there other than the Tekram DC-390U3D and
the Adaptec 39160 which is generally available?

Neither of these look ideal because it doesn't look like either one
has enough PCI bandwidth available to be able to run both channels
flat out at the same time.  Adaptec's site says the 39160 is 64-bit
but not 66MHz, so it will be limited to 256MB/sec.  Tekram claims that
the DC-390U3D is 64-bit/66MHz, but then says its limited to
266MB/sec..

Would we be better off with 2 Adaptec 29160's on different PCI busses?

Thanks,

Drew