Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:53:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        "bsalinux@gmail.com" <bsalinux@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, "Desai, Kashyap" <Kashyap.Desai@lsi.com>
Subject:   Re: IBM M1015 support

bsalinux@gmail.com writes:
| Kashyap,
|
| Where can I find the current version of mfi driver from LSI?
|
| One of the threads pointed at
| http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/MegaRAID%20Common%20Files/4.23_FreeBSD_SAS_Driver.zip
| but looks like it no longer exist. Supposedly this driver supports IBM
| ServeRAID M1015.
|
| I looked at the downloads section on individual product pages but
| couldn't find it there.
|
| Any help would be appreciated.
|
| Thanks.
|
| On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Desai, Kashyap <Kashyap.Desai@lsi.com> wrote:
| > YES, LSI has plan to do mfi drivers changes in order to fix basic need
| > for customers.
| >
| > I am not sure which freebsd version will be the first one to get those
| > changes in.  As of now I have this much information to share so wait
| > for some more time to get more info.

There is the project in svn.freebsd.org
	base/projects/head_mfi

that should support all current LSI mfi(4) based cards.  We are pretty
close to getting it merged in FreeBSD.  There was a bug I needed to
fix to not act on AEN notifications while booting and more style clean
ups.  It is in pretty good shape when you enable hw.mfi.msi=1.  I'm going
to make that the default.

The driver came from LSI with a bunch more work from some FreeBSD developers
to get it into a form that can be part of FreeBSD.

Thanks,

Doug A.