Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 16:29:10 -0700
From:      "D. Gerasimatos" <dim@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hey all!

	Well, installing 2.0.5-ALPHA off of floppies has been a nightmare.
	I keep getting checksum errors (e.g. "bin.ad"
	2784800773l 240640l should be 2784800773"). These persist even
	after reformatting the floppy, trying a new floppy, copying
	the dist again, and ftp'ing a new dist to try.

	I'd like to see if I can install this thing via PPP instead, but
	I haven't a clue how to use it (I always used SLIP). The FAQ
	assumes a connection via kermit and I can't figure the
	installation PPP out (I get this far: 1) "term" 2) atdt <number>)
	:)

	I understand BETA will be out tonight, so I'll try that, but in
	the meantime, can someone help me out here?! Thank you!

	Dimitrios