Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:48:04 -0400
From:      "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@mindstep.com>
To:        "Brian Somers" <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: "frag-anyways" knob.

Hi,

> In the PPPoE case, we need to be able to bring the program up and
> down based on any new MTU values negotiated by ppp(8).

If the MSS update hack is in libalias, you just have to call the
AliasSetMTU() function to set the new value. I tried to patch ppp for that,
but was not succesful. I am not familiar with the code so...

Also the updating of the MSS is in a separate function of alias.c. At this
time it is static, but I guess it can be made public. I think the best is to
discuss that with Ruslan.

Patrick.