Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 16:40:18 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Digital KZPCA setup, help required

I'm trying to set up a Digital KZPCA (single channel RAID controller) in
order to get the Mylex driver talking to it.  Not unsurprisingly, in
typical Digital fashion, it's resisting every effort.  Here's what I've
tried:

I have three systems; a PC164 (Aspen Durango), AXPpci/33 (noname) and a
DS20.  In each, I have inserted the KZPCA and attempted to execute both
the firmware updater (ra200fl.exe) and the setup tool (ra200rcu.exe)
under SRM.

All three platforms complain that the files are not executable.

I've switched the DS20 to AlphaBIOS (the PC164 AlphaBIOS image refuses to
load), and attempting to run the configuration utility results in a blank
screen with no display activity.  Hitting the keyboard eventually returns
to the AlphaBIOS display, but it hangs shortly therafter.

So; has anyone actually set one of these animals up?  If so, how do you
do it?