Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 08:24:10 -0500
From:      rj@cadre.com (Rob deFriesse)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   How do I make boot floppies?

I just acquired FreeBSD 2.0 in it's entirety from Walnut Creek via
ftp.  I now need to make the floppies needed to start the
installation.  These are made from the files in the "floppies" sub
directory.  I know I can use DOS to make these, but it would be a
little easier for me to make them on my sun (Solaris) at work.

The installation notes for FreeBSD 1.1.5 included a "dd" command to do
this.  I could not find this command in any of the documentation files
in the 2.0 distribution.  Can this be done?  If so, could someone tell
me how, or at least where I can find this information?

Thank you.

--
Rob deFriesse                    Mail:    Rob.deFriesse@cadre.com
Cadre Technologies Inc.          Phone:   (401) 351-5950