Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:11:29 +0200
From:      phoemix@harmless.hu (Gergely CZUCZY)
To:        Bruno Bandeira <bbandeira@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

also read this: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/

> I need to nat my network.How can i do this? I try this..
>
> nat on $ext_if from $rede to any -> ($ext_if)
let's parse this:
+nat: this means, you will perform a NAT action, Network Address Translation
+on $ext_if: on those packets which arrive on your $ext_if to your machine
+from $rede: from the source of $rede (it's usually a CIDR)
+to any: they go to anywhere, aka 0/0
+-> ($ext_if): after translation they will have the address of the interface $ext_if

hint: check the "on" part of the rule

> My default policy is:
>
> block in all
>
> And the statefull spection
>
> pass out keep state
that looks good. also read the faq, there are examples for this IIRC.

Bye,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: gergely.czuczy@harmless.hu
PGP: http://phoemix.harmless.hu/phoemix.pgp

Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb--