Date:      Tue, 03 Dec 1996 11:40:28 -0800
From:      Erich Boleyn <erich@uruk.org>
To:        smp@csn.net
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   APIC_IO stuff

I haven't had much time to try to solve the syscons problem, so I've
been running SMP by remote login over ethernet.

Last night I tried an interesting experiment, just run the APIC_IO
version but don't start the second CPU.  It has run all night and
through til noon today with no problems (I did a few moderate compiles).

P.S.:   When I mentioned all the CPUs being started up at some earlier
	date, I may have been smoking something.  It only does anything
	with one of the other CPUs in my test box since I've looked
	carefully at it again.

--
  Erich Stefan Boleyn                 \_ E-mail (preferred):  <erich@uruk.org>
Mad Genius wanna-be, CyberMuffin        \__      (finger me for other stats)