Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:48:43 +0000
From:      Igor Mozolevsky <igor@hybrid-lab.co.uk>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD has serious problems with focus, longevity, and lifecycle

On 17 January 2012 15:39, Mark Felder <feld@feld.me> wrote:

> FreeBSD is increasingly becoming a third world citizen thanks to
> virtualization efforts being focused on Linux, so I feel that more
> frequent releases won't help as many people as you think.

I would guess that for folks like VMWare, the choice of their focus is
essentially determined by their customers and not by them themselves.
So if VMWare choose to focus more on Linux over FreeBSD it is simply
indicative that VMWare's customers demand Linux support more that the
FreeBSD one... Now, why is there more end-user demand for Linux than
FreeBSD? I am guessing that is exactly what John K's original post was
trying to address...

--
Igor M. :-)