Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 00:58:52 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Subject:   Re: StarOffice on 3.0 current

> In message <345629C0.134062C9@mindspring.com>, Ron Bolin writes:
> >Well I found some more info on my problem. Thanks to those that
> >suggested
> >several problem areas.
> >
> >I found that SO  is sitting on a select call, waiting for something.
> >After about 10 minutes
>
> DNS, no doubt.
>
> Any linux emulation people who can tell what to do ?

There appear to be some DNS-related problems with Linux emulation and
-current.  It's possible that the resolver in the current linux-lib kit
requires some more careful configuration.

Make sure that you have /compat/linux/etc/host.conf and /compat/linux/
etc/resolv.conf set up just for starters.

mike