Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:41:28 -0800
From:      "Jonas Fornander" <jonas@netwood.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can't mv my custom kernel

fbsd4.4

I built my own kernel but want to boot up again with kernel.old. However
I get a permission denied error
when I try to:
#mv kernel.old kernel

However I have done this before with other kernels on the same box with
no problems. The permissions on kernel are:
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  2417115 Dec  5 21:14 kernel

Why is kernel locked and how do I unlock it?

TIA for any help.

Jonas Fornander - System Administrator
Netwood Communications, LLC - www.netwood.net
Find out why we're better - 310-442-1530