Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:44:44 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Cc:        admins@freebsd.org
Subject:   Web Server config...

I assume this is a non-issue but I wanted to make sure...

As part of watching over the WWW Mirror Sites I will at times need a
default server I can (sometimes temporarily, sometimes permanently)
point existing DNS names at when the site stops functioning.  Users
might have bookmarked the site which records the DNS name of the
site they were connected to at the time.

Unless I hear back from you I'll assume www.freebsd.org is a suitable
thing to use for that.  Other sites need to be warned about extra names
because of their server config (e.g. one of our official mirror sites
landed you on a CPAN mirror last week because the Admin hadn't been
told he was www2.freebsd.org in addition to www.ie.freebsd.org :-) but
I'm guessing you guys don't have your server doing virtual hosts at
all.

Thanks.

--
						Ken Smith