Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2000 10:40:47 -0500
From:      "Douglas B. Quayle" <dquayle@slk.com>
To:        Kevin Voyce <casolution@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ATI Rage128 Installation

Kevin Voyce wrote:

> Can someone please help with the
> installation of an ATI Rage128 Video Card.
> I am using FreeBSD on a Pentium II.
> My old Diamond Stealth 64 Vram works fine.
> I found a Linux ATI Rage128 driver
> XF86_Rage128.tgz and I can't get it to work.
> Thanks
> Kevin Voyce casolution@mindspring.com

I was thinking of purchasing a Rage 128 video card, but I didn't because
XFree86 didn't support it and I had already been down that road once
with my Inspiron 7K laptop when it first came out.
Is the XF86_Rage128.tgz file you mentioned from SuSE?  If it is,
I apologize for the redundancy of what's below.
This is the information I perused prior to deciding not to get a Rage
128.  Hope that helps.

http://www.xfree86.org/cardlist.html
http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.5/README3.html

Q.F25- Does XFree86 support the ATI Rage128?

SuSE has made available a Linux binary of a Rage128 server called
XFCom_Rage128. You can get this server at the XSuSE website. As with all
previous
XFCom servers, sources for this server will be included in the next
XFree86 release.
http://www.suse.de/en/support/xsuse/