Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:26:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
To:        babolo@links.ru
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fetch-list / how to get the list of required distfiles?

On  5 Jun, Aleksandr A.Babaylov wrote:

> My current 4Gb /usr/ports/distfiles is full.
> I think not CD but DVD is what you want :-)

Okay, I admit that I removed foreign languages directories from my port
tree and I will drop some other ports to make major distfiles located on
one cdrom! And you may have distfiles that are not used anymore, are
you? I made a little script, which combined with my distfiles-list
target, can remove unused distfiles.

> I use this script (I call it "fetchall") to fetch all distfiles
> this script must be in you PATH
> (yes, it can be more clear)

What does your script do more than (cd /usr/ports; make fetch) when the
load of the machine is low? Do I miss something?

> and pib (ports/sysutils/pib) to verify distfiles.
> (Function -> Distfiles menu)
> This is not you asked literally but serve similar aims.

Thanks, unfortunately, this tool does not help in scripts ;-)
Nevertheless, it can be useful for me!

> But it is what you need if you create you CD/DVD/something similar.
> Distfile will not be found if not properly placed

I agree when the purpose is to actually get the distfile not when you
just want the list of the files. Am I wrong?

>> I was also wondering how to generate list while taking into account the
>> fact that some archives cannot be put on cdroms?
> dump / restore and DDS4 is your friend :-)

DDS4 ?

Thanks for your help!

Phil.