Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:18:54 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc:        Alexey Shuvaev <shuvaev@physik.uni-wuerzburg.de>, Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg-server 1.7.7

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> I agree, but I am not sure how in the ports land we do an application testing in
> general.  That is, I am sure there will be a lot of testers if the port update
> is actually committed :-) but I am not sure how to test it in advance (given all
> the possible hardware and software configurations).

Why not just create a new xorg-server177 or xorg-server-devel port as
has been done with other ports?

Assuming no other dependencies, or at least a clear list of what to
rebuild in the pkg-message, it would allow people to test the new
xorg-server and easily revert to the old one if needed.  Mesa, too...
and what was the other port talked about recently... libdrm?