Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:13:54 -0800
From:      Rishi Chopra <rchopra@cal.berkeley.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A jail?

While installing postgres I get the following:

You need to create the null device in your jailed Linux environment. Run
this
outside the jail, then press enter:

mkdir -m 0755 -p <Jail root dir>/dev
rm -f <Jail root dir>//compat/linux/dev/null
mknod <Jail root dir>//compat/linux/dev/null c 2 2
chmod 666 <Jail root dir>//compat/linux/dev/null

Do I HAVE to make a jail? I was just going to run the postgresql port on
my FreeBSD box, sans-condom.  The box only has one user and there are no
security concerns to speak of.

-R