Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 07:44:13 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Simon de Boer <inquire@WebSorcery.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: postgresql-6.2.1

On Wed, Nov 12, 1997 at 03:35:39PM -0500, Simon de Boer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am having problems with the postgresql-6.2.1 port.   After proceeding
> through the install process as per usual on ports after initdb has been
> run (and worked) the postmaster process will not start.

Hmm ... runs fine here on -current and I also installed it
in the company on a 2.2-stable system.

Maybe it's related to your OS version. It's the first time I
hear about trouble.

> 2.2.2-RELEASE FreeBSD  (Off of the walnut creek CDROM)

Well, could you please try to upgrade to 2.2-STABLE ?
Make world and rebuild postgresql ?
Work, I know, but I have no idea.
Perhaps ask on the ports mailinglist ...

--
Andreas Klemm