Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:44:38 +0100
From:      "Markie" <mark.cullen@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        "Gunnarsson, Mikael" <Mikael.Gunnarsson@octapharma.se>, <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/100 CardBus II

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gunnarsson, Mikael" <Mikael.Gunnarsson@octapharma.se>
To: "Markie" <mark.cullen@dsl.pipex.com>; <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 12:41 PM

>> >The other way around I think.. the Intel TypeIII cards are rebranded
>> Xircom cards..
>>
>> Oh right! I actually just digged up a netgear FA410 card,
>> works, but it's
>> missing the dongle... and I have just been reading the dongle
>> for the card
>> breaks really easily.
>
>Most dongles break easily, which is why they suck in the first place. (And
that they always get lost.)

Oh :o)

>> So if they're just rebranded then the Intel one should work
>> just fine with
>> the xircom driver, right? I'm not entirely sure which one
>> would work best!
>
>I haven't had any problems with Xircom or Intel cards under FreeBSD, so
I'd say either is a good bet in any case. If >your laptop has room for a
TypeIII card (and you don't need the other slot) then go for a Realport.
I'm not sure how >the FreeBSD support for the Realport2 cards are though,
as the only Realport2 card I have is broken.

Yeah, I just found a cool page about working cards and both of the cards I
was looking at are an OK working status :o)
http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/CardStatus.html

I don't really know anything about laptops at all, how would I tell if I
have room for a TypeIII card? I was thinking about getting a wireless card
aswell, it might be kinda handy to have them both plugged in at the same
time if I can. I am guessing I won't be able to do that anyway though?

Thanks again!!!

>Mikael Gunnarsson
>

>This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity >to whom they are addressed.
This >message contains confidential information and is intended only for
the individual named. If you are not the named >addressee you should not