Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:43:09 +0700
From:      pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make doc fails

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 09:31:50PM -0700, Kent Stewart wrote:
> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 21:31:50 -0700
> From: Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
> To: pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
> Cc: freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: make doc fails
>
> > ..cut some texts away..
> >
> >>They need to be current to process the images and etc. I use
> >>XFree86-4.2.0 and you probably still have 3.3.6 installed. Version 4.2
> >>is now the default and you need to define your version in
> >>/etc/make.conf. I use "XFREE86_VERSION=  4", which is now the default.
> >>

> >am running 4.5-stable and have not yet upgraded to 4.6 ,  only make
> >buildworld
> >am using x 3.3.6 and have just finished make install for docs very smooth.
> >do we really need to have x version 4 in order to install documents too ?
>

> No, but if you are not using 4.2.0, you will have to tell the port
> system that you are using version 3. That is what the
> "XFREE86_VERSION=" does for you.

for 4.6, XFREE86_VERSION is 4 by default is not it?
am making one of my machine XFree84-4-libraries now but i have to have imake-4 installed first.
am making without specifying any version of X in /etc/make.conf though.

and sure, that box has 4.6 make buildworld; make buildkernel; make installkernel; make buildworld and reboot and mergermaster already.

with best regards,
psr