Date:      Tue, 04 Apr 1995 20:05:15 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NOTICE: If you care, speak now!

>Just remember that genassym is a "tool" and gets made in the tool
>environment which would be the same as /usr except that I prefer to
>indirect it one level so that I don't clobber a "good" version of a tool
>with a bad one that I just modified.

   Umm, genassym isn't a tool. Not only is it highly dependant on the host
machine's idea of type sizes, but it must be rebuilt whenever any header file
it depends on is changed...very important that this be done as part of the
kernel build sequence (i.e. it shouldn't be part of the regular source tree).
   ...Perhaps I don't understand what you mean above.

-DG