Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:27:39 -0800
From:      dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   making disk slices ... or sysinstall ...

From my sysinstall.cfg:

da0s1-1=ufs 2000000 /
da0s1-2=swap 2000000 none
da0s1-3=ufs 10000000 /var
da0s1-4=ufs 0 /usr
# Let's do it!
diskLabelEditor
#diskLabelCommit

# OK, everything is set.  Do it!
installCommit

If I was tired of trying to get sysinstall to compile and just do it the right
way, how can I script this up?  (I am network booting a diskless workstation
to do the Install, so I have arbitrary commands at my disposal ..)

I guess I'll do fdisk huh?  But if someone says "Oh, I done that already look
at my bit of shell script," I will love you.  Long time!

Or, how do I build sysinstall?  Make in /usr/src/release/sysinstall breaks and
make in /usr/src/release does nothing at all.  Whee.

Thanks,
-danny